I believe that there is a natural attraction which occurs to those who are un-churched, to the church when there is genuine fellowship among ALL believers. I believer this occurs when believers truly understand the cohesiveness that they have with one another in Christ and live it out daily, for example (not all inclusive)...
- We are united together in His death – Together in the likeness of His resurrection (Romans 6:5)
- Suffer together with Christ – Glorified together with Christ (Romans 8:17)
- Perfectly joined together in the same mind and judgment in Christ (I Corinthians 1:10)
- Laborers together in Christ (I Corinthians 3:9)
- Made alive together with Christ (Ephesians 2:5, Colossians 2:13)
- Joined together in Christ (Ephesians 4:16, Colossians 2:19)
- Knit together in love, in Christ (Colossians 2:2)
- Comfort each other together in Christ (I Thessalonians 5:11)
- Heirs together of the grace of God in Christ (I Peter 3:7)
Acts 2:47 "Praising God and having favor with all the people..." The lifestyle of the early church gained the admiration of all the common people who observed them. They acted like Christ, there was a comradery among them as well as compassion and love towards the unbelievers around them. They did not fail to preach the good news of redemption and salvation through Jesus Christ nor did they lack the faith to demonstrate Gods power. The early church did nothing more than doing exactly what Jesus commissioned them to do, can we say the same?
Having favor with all the people may be hard for us to comprehend today, but the days are coming when the church will be restored. It will no longer be about rituals, traditions, laws, rules, regulations and flesh pleasing entertainment, but about exalting Jesus Christ and glorifying the Father. The church will be filled once again with the fear of the LORD, be lead by the Holy Spirit and believers will once again truly live by grace through faith in Jesus Christ. PTL