All to many time believers defeat themselves for a number of reasons. But one of the ways that believers are defeated is because they have a lack of understanding as to what they have been given in Christ. There is a lack of standing in faith and receiving Gods Word as the truth whether situations, circumstances, feelings and even what our senses may dictate. The following list (not inclusive) shows us what the Father has restored, that is, what He has given to believes through Jesus Christ...
• We have been given power through Jesus Christ (Acts 1:8)
• We have been given the Holy Spirit through Jesus Christ (Acts 2:5)
• We have been given peace with God through Jesus Christ (Romans 5:1)
• We have been given love in our hearts through Jesus Christ (Romans 5:5)
• We have been given the same Spirit that raised Christ from the dead dwelling in us (Romans 8:11)
• We have been given faith through Jesus Christ (Romans 12:3)
• We have been given grace through Jesus Christ (Romans 12:6)
• We have been given salvation through Jesus Christ Romans 10:9-10)
• We have been given the gifts of the Holy Spirit through Jesus Christ (I Corinthians 12:7-11)
• We have been given the Fruit of the Spirit through Jesus Christ (Galatians 5:22-23)
• We have been given the ability to do all things through Jesus Christ (Philippians 4:13)
• We have been given the right to come before the throne of God through Jesus Christ (Hebrews 14-16)
• We have been given wealth and health through Jesus Christ (III John 2)
The list goes on and on, Hallelujah. Look at this list and meditate on these verses. What a wonderful inheritance that believers have in Jesus. If Christians would just start believing that the Bible is true and act like they believe it, the devil would not stand a chance. The first thing that would happen would be the restoration of the church. Church leaders would put away their persuasive words of human wisdom, walk by faith in demonstration of the Spirit and power. This will squelch all the twisted doctrine that has infiltrated the church through partial revelation mingled with the wisdom of men and a lack of faith. The disunity would be dispelled, we would be in one accord and those held in captivity by the devil and his gang would be set free through the gospel and power of Jesus Christ.
Deuteronomy 32:30 says, "How could one chase a thousand and two put ten thousand to flight unless their Rock had sold them and the LORD had surrendered them?" Do we see the implication in this verse? Think about every true believer putting away their pet doctrine(s) and really believing Gods Word? O what power would be released on the earth, O what glory the Father would receive and O how the name of Jesus would be exalted. This can happen, but believers must put faith in Gods glorious Word and not the wisdom of men that unfortunately comes forth from many pulpits throughout the world especially from the pulpits, seminaries and Bible colleges in the USA.
With that said, here is some food for thought...
"...Nevertheless, when the Son of man comes, will He really find faith on the earth?" (Luke 18:8)